Therapist That Accepts Humana
A Licensed Therapist That Offers Humana Therapy Coverage in Ohio and Kentucky
These days, it can be very challenging to find a mental health therapist. And it’s even more difficult if you need to use your health insurance. Or, if you are looking for someone who specializes in a certain area. I am a licensed mental health therapist in the state of Ohio and Kentucky. This means I can serve clients who live in either state. And I am in-network with Humana insurance. This means that if you have this insurance, it’s likely that a large part of the cost of therapy sessions with me will be covered by your insurance company.
Benefits of Using Humana Therapy Coverage for Counseling Sessions
There are many reasons why you might want to use your insurance benefits to pay for counseling sessions. Here are a few of the most common reasons:
- Counseling can be expensive, and using your insurance can help reduce the overall cost.
- If you have a high deductible, using your insurance to pay for mental health services can help you meet your deductible faster.
- You may be more likely to continue counseling if you are using your insurance, as opposed to paying out of pocket. This is because using insurance usually requires a smaller financial commitment from you.
Are you considering using your insurance benefits to pay for therapy sessions? If so, I encourage you to reach out to me. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about the process. I’d also be happy to contact Humana on your behalf to get more information about your specific plan. Together we can work to understand you can expect to pay for counseling services.
Are there any disadvantages to using my insurance benefits for mental health services?
I choose to offer Humana therapy coverage in Kentucky and Ohio to be “in-network” with some insurance providers. This is because I know this makes counseling more accessible and easier for the general population to afford. But, there are a few disadvantages to using your insurance benefits that you should be aware of:
- Your insurance company will be able to request medical records for your counseling sessions.
- Insurance companies often require “medical necessity” for mental health services. This means you will need a mental health diagnosis.
- You may have a limited number of sessions you are allowed to attend per year.
- You may have fewer choices in therapists. Many private practice therapists are choosing not to be “in-network” providers.
Despite these potential disadvantages, I still believe that seeking therapists that accept Humana to pay for counseling is often the best option for many. Also, I understand you may have questions or concerns about your insurance benefits. If so, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in more detail. Together, we can help you make the best decision for your individual needs.
How Much Will Counseling Cost if I use my Humana Therapy Coverage?
Using insurance makes counseling much more affordable than paying out of pocket. But, the specific amount you’ll pay depends on your exact insurance plan. In general, most Humana plans have a relatively small copay of $25-$30 per session. I am happy to check your benefit information before our first meeting. By doing so, you can know exactly what the cost will be for you out of pocket.
Reasons You Might Choose to Attend Counseling with Me
You may feel limited by the pool of therapists who accept Humana. But, the truth is that you always have a choice in which therapist you see. I know this and respect your decision. Furthermore, research shows that clients who feel a true connection with their therapist are more likely to get great results from therapy. A few reasons you might choose to work with me (in addition to the fact I’m a therapist that takes Humana insurance) include that I:
- Use evidence-based counseling strategies. These include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Prolonged Grief Disorder Therapy (PGDT formerly called Complicated Grief Therapy).
- Specialize in working with adults who are struggling with anxiety, depression, grief/loss, anger, and life transitions.
- Have experience helping individuals improve the relationships in their life that they value most.
- Have a non-judgmental, supportive, and genuine counseling style.
- Believe deeply in the power of counseling to help my clients live a joyful, satisfying, and meaningful life.
- Understand your desire to live life in a way that’s consistent with your values and moves you closer to your goals.
- Offer evening and weekend appointments to accommodate your busy schedule.
If you’re ready to take the next step in your mental health journey, I encourage you to reach out to me. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about therapy or my counseling practice.
Looking for a Cincinnati Therapist Who Accepts Humana Insurance?
Are you looking for a supportive therapist in the Cincinnati, OH, or Erlanger, KY area who accepts Humana insurance? If so, look no further! I am a licensed professional clinical counselor with years of experience. I’ve helped adults overcome anxiety, depression, grief/loss, and life transitions. Furthermore, I offer evening and weekend appointments to accommodate your busy schedule.
No matter what you’re going through, I am here to support you and help you find meaning, joy, and peace in your life. So, if you’re ready to take the next step in your mental health journey, I encourage you to reach out and set up a time for us to meet.
Remember, therapy can be a very valuable tool in helping you live a happier life. It can be invaluable in helping you move closer to your ideal, value-driven life. So don’t hesitate to reach out if you need some extra support. I’m here to help!